Due to the ongoing provincial labour disruption by the Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario (ETFO) and the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF), there are some job action items that will affect Trillium Lakelands District School Board students and their families.
- Elementary students will not receive term one report cards. Teachers will be providing marks to the principal without any comments. However, these marks will not be entered into report cards at this time. Parents and guardians may contact their child’s teacher if they have questions about academic achievement and well-being.
- Secondary students will receive term one report cards containing marks but no comments. Parents and guardians may contact teachers if they have questions about academic achievement and well-being.
- Parents of students with an IEP can contact their child’s school for an update on progress related to the goals contained in the IEP.
- Elementary field trips have been cancelled. Extra curricular activities within elementary schools during the school day may continue.
- Secondary teachers will not be replacing other teachers who need to be absent from the school due to illness or other reasons. The school board may not have sufficient secondary supply teachers to provide adequate coverage for teacher absences. For this reason, if a teacher is absent, extra curricular activities such as sporting events and field trips, will be cancelled on the day(s) the teacher is away.
We understand that job action can be frustrating for students and their families. Updates will be provided to you as more information becomes available.
For more labour updates, please visit tldsb.ca/labour-updates/.